Monday, November 10, 2014

Pregnancy snacks

Every time I've been pregnant, I've promised myself that I would try to eat as healthfully as I could. And then...I get sick. I generally feel awful from week 6-17 or so...it's a miserable 11 weeks! Now that I'm feeling better, I'm trying to DO better. 
I'm finding myself constantly starving, which I would guess is pretty common when pregnant with the 3rd baby. I don't have time or energy to make many snacks, and instead finding myself grabbing a boxed granola bar, which really does nothing, but makes me feel worse!
Today, I made up some dried apricots, dipped in dark chocolate.
It might sound kind of strange, but they were SO good and SO addictive! Dried apricots are loaded with iron and vitamin A, and dark chocolate is....delicious.


Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or a microwave...but we don't have one!) dip the apricots in them, and refrigerate until the chocolate sets! Believe me, you won't be able to stop eating them! 
Here's a list of other snacks that I'm making/eating this week!

Pregnancy Snacks
*dried apricots dipped in dark chocolate
*pumpkin cream cheese dip with apples
*tomatoes with cottage cheese
*hummus with veggies
*fruit
*hard boiled eggs

That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure that the list will grow...as will my belly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment