Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thrifty Tuesday?

Being a stay at home mom, I sometimes find it difficult to feel content with staying at home, EVERY DAY. We do get out on Thursday mornings, and head over to our local BSF Group (If you haven't checked this out...please do! I have learned SO much while actually STUDYING the Bible, instead of just skimming it, and the fellowship with other women is something that my soul needs. More on this in another post.). We do have a zoo pass, and once I'm feeling completely like myself again, we will definitely make it there more...but, that's pretty much it! That leaves 4 days of the week that I have to find something for the kids and me to do. I don't know about you, but I get pretty restless after a day or two!

Usually we end up going to Target to grab one or two things for a new recipe or craft that I've found...and of course we end up buying 5 more things that we don't need, or even have room for! I end up feeling guilty, and frustrated every time I leave the store. 

This brings us to right now. Today, the first Tuesday in November. I made a mental goal to spend as little money as I possibly can this month. BUT - here it is in the open. I'm telling you all, because I want to/need to be held accountable. I'm excited, but nervous! I've done this before, and failed miserably every other time I've tried it. I'm feeling motivated, but cautious. I don't want to fail - again. 

Which again...brings me to TODAY! Each Tuesday this month, I'm going to share any tips that I find on how to save/not spend money. I'll also share what we did during the previous week! So, for the first week in November, here's what's been happening:

*We voted. Totally free outing!
*We haven't eaten out at all yet, and instead I've made up my mind to stick to our menu this week!
*I'm making homemade pizza for supper this week, and sticking one right into the freezer for another night!
*We did our grocery shopping at ALDI
*I'm working on printing coupons for diapers/dish soap. Do you know HOW MUCH you can save when you you coupons? It's kind of crazy.
*Checking out other bloggers who are into the same things as me (saving money, eating real food)

That's my list so far. Check out the links below to see some of my favorite money saving blogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment