Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Birthday Parties

My kids were born 5 days apart. Ok, Two years, and five days. 

Birthday girl!

I wanted to make sure that their birthday parties were special, but because we don't live super close to our families, we had to have them on the same day. It surprisingly worked really well! 
Maddie had a Pink Lemonade party, and Charlie had a Firetruck party! We kept it pretty simple, with simple decorations, and food. The whole time, I kept thinking, "I'm hosting TWO birthday parties today, but I feel less stressed than ever!"

First Birthday Cake

It was so much fun to watch Maddie at her party. I'm not sure that she really knew what to do! 

Charlie in his fireman gear!

Charlie's party was very relaxed, I think we were all worn out after eating, and presents at Maddie's party! We opened presents, and then...


At the Fire Station
\
...went to the Fire Station! A few weeks before his birthday, I found out that the fire stations do free tours for birthday parties, so I called right away and scheduled a time for us to come! Charlie LOVED it! We learned about what they do, and how the station runs on a volunteer basis. Charlie got to sit in all of the fire trucks, and got to meet the fire fighters! 

It was a VERY long day, but it was so, so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment