Thursday, July 17, 2014

Convictions

Do you ever have any of those moments that feel like you have been sucker-punched? That make you think "How could I even THINK that?" I had one the other day.
Since moving, I have felt like my apartment is cluttered. All of our stuff has been piled into places just to get it out of the main areas. Last week, I had finally had enough. I decided that it was time to tackle the mess, and get it in order! I made a list and got to it. The kids were pretty good, but it seemed that they were getting in my way...I couldn't organize one thing without them destroying something else. I was frustrated.
Over the weekend though, it hit me. I was not seeing them as blessings as the Bible says we should. I was viewing them as burdens. My head spun. My heart ached. All I wanted to do was cry, and hug my babies. 
Instead of talking over them, and looking in their direction, I took a step back and watched them. Watched their faces light up as they played together, watched Maddie pull herself up and walk around the couch all by herself. Watched Charlie meticulously build a tower out of his blocks. My heart was bursting, yet filled with regret. I love these kids. They had no idea how I was feeling, but came to me when I asked for a hug. 
This week, I'm focusing on them. Giving them what they need, and the attention and love that they need. I still have things to get done around here, but that comes second!

Love them.
I'm thankful for those moments that make me stand back and see the mistakes that I'm making. I know there will be many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment