Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Proverbs Bible Study (Week 4)

Here are my notes from this past week! I learned a lot, again! I feel like there are a lot of the same themes popping up throughout all of the chapters so far...one in particular for me was to think before I speak. Any that are coming up over and over again for you?

Proverbs 14 

14:1 I viewed this as building up her family. With words and actions, she can easily build up or tear down her family.
14:6 I need to learn to listen to The Lord more often when I'm needing discernment.
14:7 Keep away from those who lie/tempt you
14:11 Those who believe will live eternally, but those who do not, will be destroyed.
14:12 Do not follow the way of man, but instead, follow the way of God.
14:15 I need to remember to think about what I hear, before taking someone else's word.
14:17 I'm usually very quick-tempered. It's something that I'm always working on and praying about.
14:21 Blessed is he who is kind to the needy!! We need to live and love like Jesus did. We need to love everyone...not just those who we think "deserve" it.
14:26 Those who fear The Lord will have a firm foundation. Their kids will always know that they are safe.
14:28 A large population is a king's glory!! This is NOT how our world currently views high population rates. I thought that this was interesting!
14:29 I'm also constantly praying for patience...
14:30 LOVED this verse. I think it might become my new motto, and I'm going to have to find numerous places in my home to put it. I'm constantly reminding myself that I need to be content with where I am, and with what I have.

Image from pinterest.com

Proverbs 15

15:1 We are currently working on parenting differently,  and using gentle words when disciplining the kids.
15:8 He doesn't want sacrifices from those who are wicked.
15:12 A wicked man wants to do things his own way.
15:15  A cheerful heart has a continual feast! Loved this one too, and I think I'm going to display this one too!
15:28 Think what you say before saying it.
15:30 Humility comes before honor.


Proverbs 16


16:1 If you listen, The Lord will give you the correct answer
16:2 It's not necessarily what you do that might be wrong, but the motive behind it.
16:3 Give all of your  plans to God.
16:4 Everything happens for the good of The Lord.
16:9 God's plans are far greater than our own!
16:18 Pride goes before destruction
16:20 Always trust in The Lord. This is definitely easier said than done!
16:24 This will be a new way of life for me. I will try to remember to always use pleasant words.

I hope that you learned something this week! Please share questions/comments in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment