Monday, July 7, 2014

Proverbs Bible Study (Week 1)

It's the first week! I learned so much over the past few days of studying Proverbs 1-4. Throughout the week, I realized that I truly love reading my Bible. I love the wisdom that pours out of every single word. I believe that it is the Word of God, and that He loves me and wants to give me direction on how to live my life. 
For this study, I'm going to go through my notes, and then leave questions that I have at the end. Please feel free to add your notes and questions as well. Also, please share this with your friends and family, I would love for this Bible study to reach those who need it!

Here's my notes for the week:

Proverbs was written by Solomon, son of King David. 

Proverbs 1:1-8 This passage tells that you should desire to gain wisdom so that you are able to pass it on to others.

Proverbs 1:9 Your father's instruction and your mother's teaching are things that you will always keep with you.

Proverbs 1:19 Be less focused on "things" (things you want to buy, do, see) as it will consume you. Be more focused on the Lord.

Proverbs 1:20 Rejecting His teachings and wisdom is rejecting Him.

Proverbs 2:1-5 If you follow Him, He will provide for you. He also shares the results/consequences of not following Him.

Proverbs 2:6 The Lord gives wisdom, He is knowledge and understanding.

Proverbs 2:7 I loved this verse. He loves us, and will keep and protect us.

Proverbs 2:12 Wisdom will keep our paths straight

Proverbs 2:20-22 I understood this as  a prophesy to when Jesus comes back, 

Proverbs 3:1-2 Not prosperity in a worldly sense, but in love, joy and peace.


Image from crosscards.com


Proverbs 3:6 In ALL your ways acknowledge him, not just some

Proverbs 3:9 I have a really hard time with this. We are to honor the Lord with the FIRST FRUITS of ALL harvests. This doesn't mean to give back when you have enough (money, time), but RIGHT away!

Proverbs 3:13-15 Nothing compares to wisdom and understanding.

Proverbs 3:25-26 I'm anxiety prone. I really struggle with understanding that God has gone before me, and will protect me. I can put my confidence in Him.

Proverbs 3:28 I can see myself putting things off, especially in my home. I view it as laziness. 

Proverbs 3:34 Do not mock God. He gives grace, but do not abuse it.

Proverbs 4:4 I need to teach this to my children. I also think that He is saying that you will have a long eternal life, not necessarily a long earthly life.

Proverbs 4:12 He will guide your way.

Proverbs 4:13 To me, instruction=the Bible. 

Proverbs 4:15 Ignore evil. Stay as far away from it as possible.

Proverbs 4:18 This was just a beautiful passage. I had to put it in here...I love picturing it in my mind!

Proverbs 4:20 I noticed that this was repeated over and over - Pay attention and listen closely!

I thought that this section was pretty straight forward....the only part that I struggled with was the verse Proverbs 1:17. If you have any thoughts, please add that or any questions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment