Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Proverbs Bible Study (Week 3)



Sorry this is a couple of days late! We were gone all weekend, and I didn't have a chance to get my study done until today! I have SO many underlined parts in my Bible now...things that I want to be able to look back at and to remember. I hope you are learning as much as I am! Here's my notes:

Proverbs 9
9:2 She prepared her meat, mixed her wine and set her table.
She was preparing for her guests, and was taking care of their needs. I think her desire is to provide and care for others, and to lead them to God.
9:7 I have personally noticed this many times while arguing or debating. Many people end up getting very defensive, and name-calling, and hurting others.
9:8-9 If you rebuke, or correct, a man, he will love you. I truly struggle with correction...I usually view it as a failure on my part, instead of help.
9:10 Learn to fear the Lord, study His word, and know Him.

Proverbs 10
10:1 I have seen this, in the relationship with my parents, and myself as I was growing up. Some decisions that I made, caused them pain.
10:2 Righteousness=Jesus. He delivered us from death.
10:4 Instead of being lazy, and putting off undesirable jobs, just do them and get them done with. 
10:5 Be wise, and store up your goods. Keep them until you need them.
10:7 Memories of the righteous will be a blessing. 
10:12 Love covers all wrongs. 
10:14 Wise men store up knowledge. Continue reading the Bible, and studying His word, so that you can store up knowledge.
10:17 Whoever ignores correction leads others astray (Proverbs 6:17!!)
10:19 He who holds his tongue is wise. 
This is actually something that I do often, and have been viewing it as a bad thing!
10:21 The lips of the righteous nourish many
How many of us are trying to nourish our families through the food we eat? We should be more focused on nourishing their souls with the Word of God.
10:24 Things that I dread or fear will overtake me.
10:29 HE WILL SAVE US OR DENY US. Probably THE most important lesson to understand.

Image from bible-quote.deviantart.com


Proverbs 11
11:1 Don't tip the scales to make you look better.
11:2 With humility comes wisdom
11:4 What a HUGE statement. Wealth is fun for now, but it's better to be faithful and to follow God's teachings.
11:5 I thought that the first part of the verse was referring to Jesus' life and death.
11:7-8 The wicked man was rich on this earth, but it truly gave him nothing.
11:10 Our culture loves seeing stories of people who "do good , and prosper", and also stories of those who do bad and are punished.
11:12 Be understanding, instead of judging
11:14 I see this in my own home. It takes a lot of insight and ideas from others, when it comes to raising children.
11:16-17 Be kind.
11:23 There are so many examples of the future of the righteous vs. the future of the wicked
11:24-25 This isn't only talking about money, but life. The more you give, the more blessed you will be.
11:26 Less is more.
11:28 Do not trust in yourself, but in Jesus.

Proverbs 12
12:1 Be open to guidance from others.
12:4 This was SO convicting for me! A lot of days, I need to find a better attitude.
12:9 Be humble.
12:11 Be responsible
12:15 See verse 1
12:18-19 Be careful, and think about what you say to others.
12:22 Always be truthful
12:25 Build others up

Proverbs 13
13:7 Be humble
13:11 If you continue to do things correctly and faithfully, little by little your blessings will grow.
13:1, 13, 14, 18 All of these verses were about seeking instruction. I'm beginning to think that this is very important! :)

**Please add thoughts or questions to the comments! **

No comments:

Post a Comment