Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bible Study

During the school year this past year, I attended a weekly Bible study. BSF or Bible Study Fellowship was every Wednesday morning. Each week, you would receive a packet of notes and then a lesson to work on throughout the week. I absolutely loved it. I was able to get into a really good routine, and was studying my Bible every week. Not just reading through it like I had been doing, but actually studying it, and learning SO much about Jesus. 
Wouldn't you know it though, as soon as I was no longer held accountable for reading my Bible every week, I got out of habit...and quickly. I didn't know where to start, and I didn't know if I was capable of understanding what I was reading, without questions to follow up. Obviously, that was Satan trying to convince me that my studying the Bible could wait again until September. It really worked, up until about a week ago. I felt a gentle nudging to start reading the Word again. It wasn't that dreaded feeling that I often get, when I think "I should really read by Bible today...after I wash the dishes, clean the bathroom, take a nap.") Instead, it was an excited feeling, I couldn't WAIT to start reading and finding out what God was wanting to teach me. The wheels in my head began turning. I felt like God was telling me to lead an "over the internet Bible study" this summer. Doesn't that sound so...drive-thru weddingish? Here came the thoughts again: "You don't know enough about the Bible to teach it", "You are still so new at this", "No one would really want to commit to it". I let that sit and simmer for a little bit...until I realized YET AGAIN that it was Satan talking to me. I wish I would really realize things like this sooner. I started feeling really excited about having a Bible study that ANYONE could join! Anyone who wanted to learn from other people across Minnesota, or really anywhere, since it's online! I feel hopeful that this could really affect others, and especially someone who really needs encouragement. So...without further ADO....
SUMMER 2014
ONLINE BIBLE STUDY
An 8 Week Study of
Proverbs

Right now, I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself. I will plan to post one time per week (Monday?), with my thoughts and more than likely a few questions that I need help answering. My hope is that we will have an ongoing discussion, and that everyone will take something away from this. Please don't be embarrassed by ANY question that you have, and please be respectful of every person on here. I will get an outline set up over the weekend, and have it posted by Monday morning. Feel free to share this with your friends/family, and anyone else who you think would love this!

**If you have questions about BSF, please ask! I would love to share my experience, and would be happy to help you find a location!**

No comments:

Post a Comment